To top
Email Delivery and Payment Gateway systems are running in test mode. Last checked: 27/06/2017 21:56:59 +01:00

Social care

So many children and adults with autism are in need of services – as are their families and carers. But people affected by autism often find that they can't get local support that meets their needs. In this section, you’ll find guidance for local authority staff who assess or support people with autism, and those who plan and commission services.

Young man with support worker

Everything you need to know

Woman in library


We offer a range of in-house training and resources to help you develop in your work with autistic people.
Adult with carer

Support services

Read the guidance on what autism staff and services should be providing, based on the NHS and Community Care Act 1990.
Two adults outside

Person-centred planning

Person-centred planning is about adapting social care to each person at each stage of their life.
Autism Helpline Number: 0808 800 4104
Last updated: 09/12/2015 17:15:19